Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trip to Santa Maria


For those who aren't aware of the wonders of the Central Coast this is one for the record books. This trip was arranged by Joelle and myself as we haven't seen one of our friends/former supervisors in a long time. We leave early Saturday morning and prepare to have a great drive on the way there. It is amazing that this is the first of many trips that Timmerie(my car) has taken. Well it is kind of cheat to blog about the future trips as the haven't happened yet, if I write this in chronological order.
We arrive at Emily's place in Santa Maria where it is a nice condo. Un
fortunatley I don't have any pictures of the condo as I was sneezing and trying to s
urvive by injecting myself with Benadryl. Ok maybe I wasn't exactly injecting it into myself, but I wanted to :-P. Once another one of my friends, Navi, arrived we decided to get a dinner/lunch thing at a steak place. Apparently Santa Maria is known for its tri-tip. I am really not sure why though...So a few of us got the open face tri-tip sandwich, but I went with an open face steak sandwich. You tell me which one looks better...

It was a great linner (lunch/dinner). What else is there to do in Central Coast after a nice meat lunch? That would be wine tasting, yes wine tasting from the individual who never really goes wine tasting/drinks alcohol. We went to the Laetitia Vineyard & Winery, where there were a variety of wines being sampled. While some will recommend going from a white-->red-->a desert, I pretty much went to the desert and had a Muscat. Tasted like oranges and it was very syrupy. Much better than a port.


Afterwards we ended going to see a mo
vie, Date Night starring Tina Fey and Michael Scott! I have to say, after watching this movie and seeing the saviors of NBC in a movie, Tina can act circles around Steve, no contest. I think this is one of the reasons why I really started to get into 30 Rock. Sadly the day ended there as while Joelle and I were off the next day, Emily and
Jacque were unable to stay out crazy late due to work. Joelle and I went back to the room to prepare for the journey back.

On the way back to Los Angeles, we decided to stop in two locations, Solvang and Santa Barbara. At Solvang we walked around and saw some random shops as well as a hat store.
There wasn't too much do at Solvang. It was than time to go to Santa Barbara. This entire trip had been rather gloomy, but when we got to SB, it was like the clouds decided to give us a break.We were able to try some of great items called ebel skivers or fried pancake balls. Its amazing that the majority of stuff to do every where it is consume food.

We went to a seafood restaurant that Joelle had been to in the past. Pretty good, but I still have to say that The Original Fish Company in Los Alamitos still rules the school.
.


Got back home safely and I have to say that the few things I learned. I am really allergic to cats and that central coast weather is really gloomy and it can rain a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment